COMMUNITY KAIZEN #2 - GOOD BUSINESS MATTERS
Our second Community Kaizen with LEAN dot Group volunteers was hosted at Good Business Matters to assist them in understanding and developing a Lean approach to align their services with customer demand and expectations:
COMMUNITY KAIZEN ORGANISATION PROFILE
NAME AND LOCATION OF THE ORGANISATION BEING HELPED:
- Good Business Matters Pty Ltd, Collingwood, Victoria
DESCRIBE THEIR PURPOSE / REASON TO EXIST:
- To catalyse responsible business.
WHAT PRODUCTS / SERVICES DO THEY PROVIDE TO FULFIL THEIR PURPOSE?
- Marketing and brand development consulting services:
- The Good Xmas Trail initiative, now reworked into GoodSmiths,
- Workshops and events
WHO ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS?
- Not-for-profits, social enterprises, and businesses who want to make a positive impact
- Ethically-minded consumer who is drawn to us because of the Good aspect.
- Most commonly female, aged between around 30 to 45 yo.
WHO: OUR LDG VOLUNTEERS
We would like to give our sincere thanks to our Community Kaizen Participants who dedicated theirs and their organisations' time to join us in assisting the team at Good Business Matters:
UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
WHO, WHAT, HOW, WHEN &... WHY!
During the first day we were asking all basic questions to find out who the customers are and what are the main expectation in terms of how and when the product should be delivered. We all had to do our homework and fill in the customer feedback form!
MAPPING AND GAP ANALYSIS
With full understanding of the expectation and purpose we mapped process flow for customers, social enterprise and Good Business Matters. We identified main gaps and ideas for improvements:
At the end of the day we faced all potentials for improvements with main issues. We introduced some measurements to help prioritize tasks and find out which one are critical for the business
To be more efficient and face all customers requirements, the team of Good Business Matters decided to:
- Implement suggestions according to priorities
- Run Good Smiths as an evolution of Good Xmas Trail
- Provide progress updates and opportunities for team feedback
The LEAN dot Group would like to thank Simon and Clifford for allowing us understand more about how they provide much needed support to the community and to help them Make Good Change.
If you would like to find out more about Good Business Matters, visit their website (https://goodbusinessmatters.com.au/).
To our Community Kaizen Team Members, thank you very much for investing your time and making such a worthwhile contribution to GBM while learning Lean through doing.
SPONSOR OUR NEXT COMMUNITY KAIZEN INITIATIVE
We believe that For-Profit Organisations play a significant and pivotal role in improving the world we enjoy. All of our initiatives align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and 2030 Vision.
To Make Good Change in our communities in a sustainable way, we need Corporate contributions in order to:
- Facilitate Community Kaizen activities with Charities in need;
- Provide unique live sharing and learning events through our Kaizen Connections;
- Establish operations with modern infrastructure to deliver the best possible value to all of our Members.
Corporate Members will receive incredible benefits by joining the LEAN dot Group Community and contributing to our mission.
These benefits include:
- The opportunity to involve their team members in Community Kaizen initiatives to learn Lean through doing;
- Make real and measured social impact in areas that align with their Corporate Social Responsibility vision and objectives;
- Connect with and provide benefit to the communities they operate within.